Two of the times that i have been visiting Sweden this year, i have coming back home to Malta with a new hair color. The first time was during easter, and the second time was this last Tuesday. Both of the times was very spontaneous. I just walked in a store and found this hair colors from Loreal and could not resist. After all they are just staying in your hair ca 5-10 washes, depending on which color you chose. The first time i picked the purple color and the second time i picked the light blue color. I guess you already figured out that i liked them, especially since i choose to use the color a second time.
My basic hair color
Normally i have blond hair. Bleached, especially in the tips. The rest of the hair has my natural color with bleached stripes and the top i have a pretty far gone outgrowth that only contains my natural color. Someone can figure out pretty quick that the color wont change my full hair, not with those light colors i picked, it will mostly be shown where my hair is bleached the most. But thats fine, that was actually what i was looking for.
How to use Loreal Colorista and result
To use these colors is very simple. You get a package with a description, plastic gloves and a tube with the color. The color is already mixed (at least the ones i bought). So you just make sure that your hair is clean and dried (for the best result) and than starting to add the color to your hair. Leave the color in your hair for up to 20 minutes (depending on how strong result you wish for) and than rinse it out. I left it for 20 minutes and that was perfect. I was very happy with the result both of the times. It is mostly shown in my lower half of the hair but wherever it is bleached you can see the color. If you want to have a really strong color that is in your whole hair you will need to bleach all of your hair pretty heavy before using these colors.
Where to find Loreal colorista
The places i have been seeing them when i have been out shopping is H&M and ICA. And thats the two places where i decided to buy them. But if you dont have any of those stores close to you, you will find them for same good price (from around 10 euro and up) at some online stores. Best prices for Loreal colorista online i have found is HERE and HERE.
Loreal Colorista Blue result
Loreal colorista Purple result
/This post contains affiliate links
For you who already know me are probably already very familiar with my love for food. Especially when it comes to seafood. One big favorite that i always eat during my visits in Sweden are the shrimp sandwich. I have tried all different types of shrimp sandwiches and know exactly where to find the really good ones. But of course i love to try out new places too.
During my last trip to Sweden i went to a place in the city Jönköping called “Bryggan cafe & Bistro”. A really nice place with a great view. The interior design is very fresh and cozy and i will definitely go back there. But not for the shrimp sandwich. It was ok, but thats all. And for that price it was not really worth it. It was very small and pretty tasteless. A disappointment to be honest. but my company was very happy about their food. The sandwiches looked really nice and big, the salads looked very nice (i will definitely go for the beet root salad next time), and the sweets looked delicious. And they also had some good Ipa. I was there during daytime but i can imagine that it is a really nice place to hang out during nice summer evenings in their outdoor serving spot.
It is still only August, i know. But i recently found out that i will be really trendy this upcoming Autumn. One of the most popular colors on the fashion market for this Autumn is red. A color that i love and wear a lot. Especially on my lips. And it doesn’t matter which kind of red, dark red, light red, coral red, you name it. So for you who also adore this strong color will be happy to know that the boutiques and online stores will be filled with this wonderful color during the colder months of this year.
The color red mostly stands for energy, love and passion, but it is also a very dominant color and not everyone likes to get the attention that the color can give you. Luckily, the trendy color is not only for clothes. There is several accessories to chose between. Perfect to wear with a more simple outfit that has a color that are not standing out too much. I have collected some examples of trendy accessories that goes with the color red. And i will continue to share some awesome fashion and accessories during this Autumn since one of my favorite colors is on the trend list this year.
Prices and where to find it:
Earrings ca 15 euro HERE, Lipstick 8.39 euro HERE, Lipliner 4.36 euro HERE, Mobile case 38.98 euro HERE, Shoes 37.11 euro HERE
Post contains affiliate links
Of you feel like having a relaxing day with a cold beer and some nice finger food to eat, what is better than ordering a portion of calamares? Last time i had some of them was when i went to Marsaxlokk for their fish market during the Sundays. Perfect for me since i am a pesceterian. We bought some nice freshly caught tuna and shrimps that we was supposed to put on the barbecue for the evening. But before that we still needed to eat some lunch. And we are not that often in Marsaxlokk which made it feel even more important to try out some nice restaurant.
We went to a restaurant called iPlace. Since we where there on a Sunday most of the places we had checked out before was closed. The food at the iPlace was maybe not the best but it worked. And i guess the name of the place is because they give everyone an ipad to check the menu. For me it mostly felt like a failed try to give the restaurant a more modern touch.
My company was ordering different types of food like bruschetta, mushrooms in garlic, sausages and other pretty common things. Everything tasted good but average. My favorite of everything that was ordered to the table was for sure the calamares and my ice coffee with amaretto flavor. they where actually really good, but also hard to fail with. I actually got really bad calamares one time in Spain, that was horrible, but that story is for another time.
I love trying out new apps, especially when it comes to good training apps. Unfortunately i am not 100% satisfied with a lot of them but a little while ago i downloaded a training app that i really enjoy using. The name of the app is: 30 Day Fitness Challenge. I think you can kind of figure out what the application is about by just reading its name, but if not, i will explain it for you and also tell why i like it so much.
How is the fitness app working?
The app is very simple. You just download it (i am a Android user so i downloaded it from Play Store). And the fitness app is free, which make me like it even more. Open it up, create an account and start browse between the different workouts that the app is offering. You can find the following options in the menu:
- Butt Workout
- Full Body Workout
- Abs Workout
- Arm Workout
- Leg Workout
The great thing with this training app is that you can chose different grades of difficulty. It means that this app is suiting people who is both beginners when it comes to training and for people who already have pretty good physics. Chose a plan and a grade and start doing your workout. You need no weights, and you can easily follow the workout plan from your home. The workout is varying from day to day and get a little bit harder for each day, just to make you push the limits a bit more for every day you do the workout. You following a 30 day schedule and can see how much you have completed by percent. For every exercise you are doing there is a video showing how to do the exercise. If you still are not 100% sure how to do it, than you can find all the exercises in the app and how to do them more detailed.
Why do i recommend this fitness app?
First of all, it feels like having a little training buddy with you when you are doing the workouts at home. The exercises in the app are different from each other and it is not the same everyday. I tried 30 days challenges before but got very bored. A lot of them have the same exercises for every day, just a higher amount of reps. Personally i am using this one to make up for days where i dont feel like going to the gym. Than i can at least take around 20 minutes and do some nice exercise at home. And trust me, if you are doing everything correct and do all the repeats that the app tells you to do, than you will be sweaty and you will feel the workout afterwards. But you will need to have a lot of discipline to make it. But i think you will need to have a lot of discipline when it comes to all different kinds of home training.
Who doesn’t want the perfect young looking skin to last forever? I think we all dream about it, but the more time passes the more tired out skin gets, its just natural. But there is ofcourse ways to slow down the aging process of the skin. But the question is: do you really need to spend a fortune on expensive creams to do so? Or is there any cheap ways to get the perfect skin?
There is. And the ways of reaching there is closer and cheaper than you think. Here is a list of easy ways to get a younger skin that doesn’t cost much at all.
- Start sleeping on your back (if you are not already doing that). When sleeping on your stomach or side you will press your face against the pillow. After a while that will start showing in your face in forms of small lines. The less you sleep with the face in the pillow, the less it will hurt your skin. By sleeping on your back with your head a little higher, it will also increase the blood circulation and leave your face with less puffiness after waking up.
- Give yourself daily face-massage. By massaging your face just a little bit everyday it will help the blood circulation to make your skin fresh and rosy. A lot of Chinese women claiming that thats the secret to their young looking porcelain skin. But do not massage the skin to hard, just an easy touch with your finger tips.
- Skip the sugar and bad carbs. By eating a lot of white bread, candy, fried food and other unhealthy options, you can give youself problems with ACNE or other bad skin condition. Bad carbs and fat = Bad for your skin.
- Drink a lot of water. You dont necessary need to pour liters and liters of water in you every day to make sure yours skin get enough. Just make sure that you never get dried out.
- Dont eat to much salt. Salt will collect a lot of liquid in your body and make the skin look puffy and swollen. If you often feel swollen in your face, salt can be the reason. It is not only the one you find in pure form, a lot of sauces, fast food and other food supply can contain a high amount of salt.
- Dont use too much covering products in your face. Especially around the eyes. By using too much products like concealer and foundation, it will decrease your skins natural luster and make it look more old and tired than normally.
- Stop smoking! Probably one of the best thing you can do to both yourself and your skin. Smoking is not only harming your health but are also very bad for your skin. By stop smoking you will experience more luster, less wrinkles and a much more happy skin.
- Eat healthy fat. Some people are scared about eating fat, you should not be. Just make sure that the fat you are eating is the good one. Feed yourself with healthy fat that you find in food like fat fish, avocado and nuts. Your skin will thank you for it by staying soft and smooth.
- Use sun-protection! Too much direct sun on your skin is really bad. Not only will it dry out your skin and increase the lines in your face. It can also give you sun damages on your skin and ugly spots, and worse of all it will increase the risk of getting skin cancer. So be out and enjoy the sunny days, but make sure your skin is well protected.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. During the sleep the skin and body is repairing itself. Lack of sleep will slower the healing process down and make your skin look tired.
- Always wash off you makeup before going to bed. This will help your skin to stay clean and fresh. By sleeping with your makeup on you will plug your pores which will lead to bad skin in form of pimples and dirty skin.
This was some quick and easy tips of fixes you can start doing today to increase the health of your skin. Start following these steps and your body and skin will thank you for it.
When it comes to eating eggs i think we are paired in 50% who thinks that eating the yolk is good for us and 50% who thinks it is bad for us. I have always thought it is more good than bad for us, but when you eat it in the right amount. We have a word for that in Swedish that no other language have, Lagom. It basically means not to much and not to little, just the right amount. However, i love eggs, you can do so much with them and they are delicious.
Recently i read a Swedish article about a study they have made about eating eggs. Is it good or bad for your cholesterol? Should you stop eating eggs or should you continue to eat as much as you want of it?
This study was made on rats ( i am very much against tests on animals and i hope this was not a painful one). They let half of the rats eat eggs, 3-4 a day and the other half was eating food with other fatty acid composition. After 6 weeks of this study it showed that the rats who had been eating eggs only had good health benefits. They had better cholesterol, better metabolic health benefits and reduction of fat in both the liver and abdomen. It showed that the rats who was eating the egg yolk had a reduction of an enzyme that helped them get better cholesterol.
So good news for you who also love to eat eggs. If this study is right, there is only health benefits by eating eggs. But of course you should always eat everything in normal amounts. In this article they also wrote about 3-4 eggs a day, which they did in the study. We still dont know if 10 eggs a day is healthy or not so lets stay safe at eat the recommended amount.