Beauty and the city
So a couple of days ago i received my very first Glossybox. It was the box for August but since i ordered it a bit late and the delivery was a bit late it did not arrive until now, September. So it is not really the Septembers Glossybox.
So what was my first impression of Glossybox in general?
I love it! It got delivered in a really cute pink box, that i will save for sure. And you open it up and it is just filled with these nice beauty products. I mean what is it not to like? And if the box would have anything that you don’t like, well just give it away as a gift and make someone else happy.
What did August Glossybox contains?
The Glossybox of August contained:
– A liquid lipstick from The beauty crop.
– A radient glow sheet mask from Beautaniq Beauty
– A liquid soap with Verbena oil from Natural care
– A Glo illuminator from Manna kadar cosmetics
– A pink metallic slant tweezer from Pick and Pinch
I have not been able to try everything yet. But the ones i have been trying so far is the face mask and the soap. And so far i am very happy with the products. The face mask made my skin feel really fresh and moisturized. I also learned a really good thing about face masks while reading about this one in the Glossy magazine.
If it says that the face mask is supposed to stay on the skin for 15 minutes, do not leave it on for much longer than that. Instead of moisturizing your skin it can start drying it out instead. Which make sense. Since all beauty products have active ingredients that starts getting old as soon as you opening the package, you should never use anything for too long since it will end up giving you the opposite result than you want. Well, you can read more about the lasting time of your beauty products here if you want.
With that said. If you are like me and love to keep the face mask pretty much longer on your face than it is recommended on the package, stop doing that. I will from now on.
The second product i have been testing so far is the soap with Verbena oil, and i really like it. It feels very soft and natural on my hands which is perfect since i have very sensitive hands. I am easily getting rashes on my hands when using too strong products and it is a pain in the ass to get rid off. So far this soap seems to treat my hands very nice, so i will keep you guys updated on that subject. I am sure there is more people out there than just me who has the same problem, lets help each other out!
If the rest of the products are good is still to find out. I will probably try out the make up later today, especially the lipstick since i am a real lipstick lover.
If you are curious about the Glossybox you can go to their site to check out earlier boxes and reviews of earlier products. And if you are a man you can go and check out their box called Glossybox men.
Shopping in Stockholm… god what i missed that. I love all the stores you can choose between and all the infinity of boutiques and shopping malls you can find. My last shopping round i managed to bring home a lot of goodies. I especially like the face masks that i bought from The Body Shop. They had some new Vegan face masks that felt really good on my skin. They even made some test to see what skin type i have before i decided to make my purchase of the products.
I also love the face cream and the serum i bought from Lumene, i absolutely love their products. Adding the serum and the face cream after washing off the face mask made my skin fell totally awesome! By far some of the best products i ever had, and i found them on 20% sale, perfect!
If you dont want to go to the store to buy the products you can find them to a cheaper price online too here.
I am probably not the only one who is obsessed with buying new beauty and make up products to try out. Sometimes i have to forbid myself from buying any more products until the ones i have is finished. Which makes perfectly sense. Having a stock of hundreds of products is not the best way to go since your makeup products doesn’t last forever. Sometimes it can even hurt your skin instead of helping when you are using products that have gone bad or is out of date. Thats why i want to share this list with you guys. A list of how long your make up products actually lasts normally.
How long does my mascara last? – Your mascara often say on the package that it will last for 6 months after you open it. But you should definitely switch that out more often than that. Mascara is the biggest bacterial bomb of all of your make up products. Bacterias are growing very fast in your mascara after you start using it and can give you an eye infection if used to long. Try to switch it out at least every 3 months.
How long does my eyeliner last? Here it depends if you have a liquid eyeliner or if you have a eyeliner pencil. The liquid one last about 1 year, and the pencil one last around 2 years. This is because you use the pencil sharpener pretty often when using a eyeliner pen. That will remove the bacterias on the pencil every time you use the sharpener.
How long does my foundation last? If you have a water based foundation it will last up to 1 year. If you have an oil based foundation it will last up till two years. BUT, if you think your foundation start smelling bad or different, you should switch it out immediately since it is probably because of bacterias, and will be bad to use on your skin.
How long does my make up powder last? Around 2 years. But you have to clean your brushes often. If you use powder everyday you should clean the powder brush once a week. If you feel that your skin starting to get irritated when using the powder, it might starting to go bad and you should switch it out for a new one. Same thing applies to your rouge.
How long does my lipstick last? Your lipstick can stay fresh from 6 months up to 1 year and 6 months. It really depends on what kind of lipstick you have. But if it starts to smell bad or feel grainy, throw it away!
How long does my lip gloss last? This can last from a couple of months up to 6 month. It really depends how clean your lips are while using this product. If you dont have clean lips before using it, a lot of bacteria will end up in the container of the lip gloss and start growing. Here is the same with the smell, if you start feeling it smells bad, change it. Also if you start to feel that the liquid gone thinner, than it is also a sign of the product getting bad.
How long does my Concealer last? Between 6 months up to a year. But like with all the other products, this should be thrown away if it starts to smell bad.
How long does my eyeshadow last? This ones can last for years, as long as you make sure to close the lid after you have been using it. If you have a cream eyeshadow it will last around 2 years.
How long does my lip liner last? This ones work the same as the eye liner. It will last around 2 years as long as you make sure to sharpen it often and keep bacterias away.
How long does my nail polish last? Nail polish lasts up till 2 years. But as you probably already know, if the consistence start getting thicket it is time to throw it away. It is not very useful after it starts thickening either.
/Post conatin affiliatelinks
Two of the times that i have been visiting Sweden this year, i have coming back home to Malta with a new hair color. The first time was during easter, and the second time was this last Tuesday. Both of the times was very spontaneous. I just walked in a store and found this hair colors from Loreal and could not resist. After all they are just staying in your hair ca 5-10 washes, depending on which color you chose. The first time i picked the purple color and the second time i picked the light blue color. I guess you already figured out that i liked them, especially since i choose to use the color a second time.
My basic hair color
Normally i have blond hair. Bleached, especially in the tips. The rest of the hair has my natural color with bleached stripes and the top i have a pretty far gone outgrowth that only contains my natural color. Someone can figure out pretty quick that the color wont change my full hair, not with those light colors i picked, it will mostly be shown where my hair is bleached the most. But thats fine, that was actually what i was looking for.
How to use Loreal Colorista and result
To use these colors is very simple. You get a package with a description, plastic gloves and a tube with the color. The color is already mixed (at least the ones i bought). So you just make sure that your hair is clean and dried (for the best result) and than starting to add the color to your hair. Leave the color in your hair for up to 20 minutes (depending on how strong result you wish for) and than rinse it out. I left it for 20 minutes and that was perfect. I was very happy with the result both of the times. It is mostly shown in my lower half of the hair but wherever it is bleached you can see the color. If you want to have a really strong color that is in your whole hair you will need to bleach all of your hair pretty heavy before using these colors.
Where to find Loreal colorista
The places i have been seeing them when i have been out shopping is H&M and ICA. And thats the two places where i decided to buy them. But if you dont have any of those stores close to you, you will find them for same good price (from around 10 euro and up) at some online stores. Best prices for Loreal colorista online i have found is HERE and HERE.
Loreal Colorista Blue result
Loreal colorista Purple result
/This post contains affiliate links
Who doesn’t want the perfect young looking skin to last forever? I think we all dream about it, but the more time passes the more tired out skin gets, its just natural. But there is ofcourse ways to slow down the aging process of the skin. But the question is: do you really need to spend a fortune on expensive creams to do so? Or is there any cheap ways to get the perfect skin?
There is. And the ways of reaching there is closer and cheaper than you think. Here is a list of easy ways to get a younger skin that doesn’t cost much at all.
- Start sleeping on your back (if you are not already doing that). When sleeping on your stomach or side you will press your face against the pillow. After a while that will start showing in your face in forms of small lines. The less you sleep with the face in the pillow, the less it will hurt your skin. By sleeping on your back with your head a little higher, it will also increase the blood circulation and leave your face with less puffiness after waking up.
- Give yourself daily face-massage. By massaging your face just a little bit everyday it will help the blood circulation to make your skin fresh and rosy. A lot of Chinese women claiming that thats the secret to their young looking porcelain skin. But do not massage the skin to hard, just an easy touch with your finger tips.
- Skip the sugar and bad carbs. By eating a lot of white bread, candy, fried food and other unhealthy options, you can give youself problems with ACNE or other bad skin condition. Bad carbs and fat = Bad for your skin.
- Drink a lot of water. You dont necessary need to pour liters and liters of water in you every day to make sure yours skin get enough. Just make sure that you never get dried out.
- Dont eat to much salt. Salt will collect a lot of liquid in your body and make the skin look puffy and swollen. If you often feel swollen in your face, salt can be the reason. It is not only the one you find in pure form, a lot of sauces, fast food and other food supply can contain a high amount of salt.
- Dont use too much covering products in your face. Especially around the eyes. By using too much products like concealer and foundation, it will decrease your skins natural luster and make it look more old and tired than normally.
- Stop smoking! Probably one of the best thing you can do to both yourself and your skin. Smoking is not only harming your health but are also very bad for your skin. By stop smoking you will experience more luster, less wrinkles and a much more happy skin.
- Eat healthy fat. Some people are scared about eating fat, you should not be. Just make sure that the fat you are eating is the good one. Feed yourself with healthy fat that you find in food like fat fish, avocado and nuts. Your skin will thank you for it by staying soft and smooth.
- Use sun-protection! Too much direct sun on your skin is really bad. Not only will it dry out your skin and increase the lines in your face. It can also give you sun damages on your skin and ugly spots, and worse of all it will increase the risk of getting skin cancer. So be out and enjoy the sunny days, but make sure your skin is well protected.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. During the sleep the skin and body is repairing itself. Lack of sleep will slower the healing process down and make your skin look tired.
- Always wash off you makeup before going to bed. This will help your skin to stay clean and fresh. By sleeping with your makeup on you will plug your pores which will lead to bad skin in form of pimples and dirty skin.
This was some quick and easy tips of fixes you can start doing today to increase the health of your skin. Start following these steps and your body and skin will thank you for it.
When it comes to eating eggs i think we are paired in 50% who thinks that eating the yolk is good for us and 50% who thinks it is bad for us. I have always thought it is more good than bad for us, but when you eat it in the right amount. We have a word for that in Swedish that no other language have, Lagom. It basically means not to much and not to little, just the right amount. However, i love eggs, you can do so much with them and they are delicious.
Recently i read a Swedish article about a study they have made about eating eggs. Is it good or bad for your cholesterol? Should you stop eating eggs or should you continue to eat as much as you want of it?
This study was made on rats ( i am very much against tests on animals and i hope this was not a painful one). They let half of the rats eat eggs, 3-4 a day and the other half was eating food with other fatty acid composition. After 6 weeks of this study it showed that the rats who had been eating eggs only had good health benefits. They had better cholesterol, better metabolic health benefits and reduction of fat in both the liver and abdomen. It showed that the rats who was eating the egg yolk had a reduction of an enzyme that helped them get better cholesterol.
So good news for you who also love to eat eggs. If this study is right, there is only health benefits by eating eggs. But of course you should always eat everything in normal amounts. In this article they also wrote about 3-4 eggs a day, which they did in the study. We still dont know if 10 eggs a day is healthy or not so lets stay safe at eat the recommended amount.